Hedgehog is an open source software company dedicated to giving Cloud Native application owners the ability to deploy workloads on edge compute and distributed cloud infrastructure with the same procurement power and automated operations that power the public cloud. Hedgehog helps customers escape vendor lock, automate mass-scale infrastructure operations, and reduce their cost of service. Hedgehog is a member of the Open Compute Project, The Linux Foundation, and the SONiC community.
This is a dream job for anyone who is into deep infrastructure automation. If you’re passionate about this subject, this job is for you. Help us build a robot that will be at the heart of our software factory.
Build a fully automated self-service infrastructure lab stack using standard de-facto DevOps components, s.a. CICD frameworks, infrastructure, and policy as code, gitops, and other technology. This system will automate the allocation of computing and networking resources in the physical infrastructure and cloud labs and set it up for use by engineers, automated tests, demos, or simulations. You will be responsible for the architecture, tool selection, and implementation of the system.
This position requires an experienced, hands-on, and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a dynamic continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers, Product Managers, and Marketing, which includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product.
The ideal applicant should have DevOps/SRE/automation engineering background and have familiarity with the corresponding tools, technologies, and stacks. The ability to work with API-driven systems is a must, as well as Linux fluency. Knowledge of networking and Kubernetes are a huge plus.
- Multiple years of experience with Software Engineering, SRE, or DevOps
- Experience with automation and cloud platforms in public, private, or hybrid cloud environments.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Attention to detail and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
Cloud-native infrastructure (a significant plus):
- Experience with Kubernetes!
- Experience with cloud toolsets like Vault, Packer etc.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, and cloud computing patterns
Physical infrastructure (a big plus):
- Experience with infrastructure automation, like automated server bring-up, configuration, bootstrapping, and imaging in the data center or at the edge
- Experience with data center network automation, including automated network bring-up, configuration, and service deployment/provisioning, dealing with routing protocols.
Languages and frameworks:
Configuration and automation tools (a huge plus):
- Experience with infrastructure as code languages like Terraform or Pulumi.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or maybe even CFEngines (Promise Theory, yay!).
Other Tools (a huge plus):
- Working knowledge of gitops methodology and related tools
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins
- Experience with ops/support tools like Freshdesk, Pagerduty, Zendesk, etc. is a plus
Avantages du hérisson
- World class team
- Great culture
- Engaging and interesting engineering problems
- Salaire compétitif
- Fonds propres de démarrage
- Assurance maladie (soins médicaux, soins dentaires, soins de la vue)
- Temps libre illimité
- Work from home
- Ordinateur portable, matériel informatique
All for one and one for all! When you join Hedgehog you join a high performance team. We are a community of friends who enjoy working together. We try really hard to understand each others values and discern whether our values are compatible. If they are, we treat each other with the love and respect we would treat a friend.
We need to know you can get the job. We need to know you have our backs. We trust that we can make each other successful. If we can’t trust each other, we can’t succeed.
Transparency builds trust. We always strive to be as transparent, open and honest as possible. We aren’t passive aggressive, opaque or two-faced. We say what we mean and we mean what we say. That doesn’t mean that we are blunt, rude, or aggressive. It means that we are open with ourselves, our teammates, our partners and our customers. We’re in the business of open-source software after all. We should walk the walk when we talk the talk.
Politics suck. Favoritism sucks even more. Be a good human. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Kick ass and you will be rewarded. Fail and we will help you succeed. Loose trust and we will let you know you need to have our backs.
We take risk to join a community like Hedgehog because we want to build, market, sell and support a really great product that delivers incredible value for customers. We are in the tech business because we love the creative destruction of innovation. We love to disrupt the status quo, and we love to make people happy when they use our stuff.
Work should be fun. A lot of fun. We all want to love what we do. Life is short. It’s too short to not have fun doing what we do at least five days a week. Work can be hard at times, but we put in the effort because we feel satisfied with the results we achieve and the relationships we build. When we consistently feel that work is not fun, we introspect to understand why so we can get back to having fun again.
As much as we want to make Hedgehog a family, we all obviously have actual families outside of work. Family comes first. If you need time, space or support to take care of your family and yourself, we go out of our way to give you what you need.