Hedgehog is an open source software company dedicated to giving Cloud Native application owners the ability to deploy workloads on edge compute and distributed cloud infrastructure with the same procurement power and automated operations that power the public cloud. Hedgehog helps customers escape vendor lock, automate mass-scale infrastructure operations, and reduce their cost of service. Hedgehog is a member of the Open Compute Project, The Linux Foundation, and the SONiC community.
This is a dream job for a super-deep networking nerd. If you’re passionate about networking and know routing protocols like BGP, this job is for you.
Build automated test cases for certification, validation, regression, and system testing for our open networking software factory. Contribute to the implementation of fully automated test, demo and certification labs. Apply software principles to deep physical infrastructure. Work with customers, support, and the engineering team on product issues and defect detection, identification and resolution.
Network technology experience requirements (3 or more of below):
- Familiarity with open network operating systems, s.a. SONiC, DENT, Cumulus Linux, Switchdev, Vyatta, etc.
- Familiarity with open routing stacks, s.a. FRR (previously Quagga, Zebra), Bird, KubeRouter, ExaBGP, FreeRouter, XORP …
- Strong competence and expert-level hands-on knowledge of routing protocols, s.a. BGP, OSPF. ISIS, RIP, …
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 technologies s.a VLAN, STP, QinQ, TRILL, LLDP, LAG, MCLAG, LACP, ESI, Multicast
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with overlays s.a. Geneve, VXLAN
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with BGP-based underlays.
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with BGP EVPN
- Hands-on experience with P4, OpenFlow, OpenConfig
Tools experience requirements (2 or more of below):
- Use Keysight, IXIA, Spirent, and other traffic generators to characterize the scale and performance.
- Experience with SFLOW, NETFLOW tools, and other network monitoring tools.
- Strong skills in packet decoding, reading pcap files, and analyzing sniffer traces.
- Strong scripting and software engineering skills, hands-on experience with test automation development using Python or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools, s.a. Terraform y Pulumi.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or maybe even CFEngines (Promise Theory, yay!).
- Familiarity with CICD systems, gitops, etc.
Cloud(-native) networking technology experience (a huge plus):
- Hands-on familiarity with Kubernetes networking (Calico, Cilium, etc. CNIs)
- Hands-on familiarity with Service Mesh y API Gateways
- Hands-on familiarity with OpenStack networking (ML2, Neutron)
- Hands-on experience with Wireguard, MetalLB, Traefik, Envoy, etc.
- Proven experience with cloud, data center, or edge networking products
- Debug customer issues and locally recreate them in the local lab
- Strong solution-level exposure to enterprise deployments
- Experience qualifying high-volume, scalable enterprise software
- Substantial system and/or solution-level test experience
- Operational experience in networking is a huge plus – we love practitioners!
Beneficios del erizo
- World class team
- Great culture
- Engaging and interesting engineering problems
- Salario competitivo
- Capital inicial
- Seguro de enfermedad (médico, dental, oftalmológico)
- Tiempo libre ilimitado
- Work from home
- Ordenador portátil, equipos informáticos
All for one and one for all! When you join Hedgehog you join a high performance team. We are a community of friends who enjoy working together. We try really hard to understand each others values and discern whether our values are compatible. If they are, we treat each other with the love and respect we would treat a friend.
We need to know you can get the job. We need to know you have our backs. We trust that we can make each other successful. If we can’t trust each other, we can’t succeed.
Transparency builds trust. We always strive to be as transparent, open and honest as possible. We aren’t passive aggressive, opaque or two-faced. We say what we mean and we mean what we say. That doesn’t mean that we are blunt, rude, or aggressive. It means that we are open with ourselves, our teammates, our partners and our customers. We’re in the business of open-source software after all. We should walk the walk when we talk the talk.
Politics suck. Favoritism sucks even more. Be a good human. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Kick ass and you will be rewarded. Fail and we will help you succeed. Loose trust and we will let you know you need to have our backs.
We take risk to join a community like Hedgehog because we want to build, market, sell and support a really great product that delivers incredible value for customers. We are in the tech business because we love the creative destruction of innovation. We love to disrupt the status quo, and we love to make people happy when they use our stuff.
Work should be fun. A lot of fun. We all want to love what we do. Life is short. It’s too short to not have fun doing what we do at least five days a week. Work can be hard at times, but we put in the effort because we feel satisfied with the results we achieve and the relationships we build. When we consistently feel that work is not fun, we introspect to understand why so we can get back to having fun again.
As much as we want to make Hedgehog a family, we all obviously have actual families outside of work. Family comes first. If you need time, space or support to take care of your family and yourself, we go out of our way to give you what you need.